GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT
It is our goal to make the use of our Site a good experience for all of our users, so you agree not to do any of the following:
1. Use this Site if you are under the age of 13;
2. Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site;
3. Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
4. Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site to which you do not possess access rights;
5. Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
6. Use the Site to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
7. Use any automatic or manual process to search or harvest information from the Site, or to
interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site; or
8. Impersonate another user.
CONTENT AND LICENSES
By submitting images, metadata, comments, blog articles, charts, observations, calculations, or any other information (hereafter referred to as “Content”) to The King Tides Project for inclusion on the Website, you grant Us a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content. Photographs submitted by mobile or web upload, email, post, or any other means that are used in web or print applications will be captioned with a credit to the photographer if provided and practical. We can only accept photos with copyrights or licenses that allow changes to the image (for scientific or educational purposes). We accept photos and other observations and data with a Creative Commons Attribution license, Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike license, Attribution-ShareAlike license, Attribution-NonCommercial license, a Public Domain status, or an equivalent copyright or license. When sharing user-contributed photographs with our collaborators, we will include information on licensing and credit.
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not post content to the Website in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and we may change or remove any description or keyword that we considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause The King Tides Project liability. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.